In order to reduce air draft of the vessel, wheelhouse was cut off after removal of all equipment inside and outside from a certain level. Teh whole work scope consisted of following items:
· Design work for lifting arrengment
· Marking the cutting point of wheelhouse and the removed equipment before the process
· Condition control of equipment
· Removal and preparation work on wheelhouse top
· Removal of equipment attached to deckheads and bulkheads
· Welding of supports on wheelhouse
· Cutting of funnel and wheelhouse ans shifting to deck
· Protection of open parts by waterproof cover
All completed in 17 days
Vessel stayed 17 days at the yard for this conversion work
Main particulars of the vessel
Lenght overall 73,60m.
Breadth moulded 16,00m.
Draft moulded 5,90m.