· New heating coils as well as main thermal oil pipeline were supplied, fabricated and installed in cargo and slop tanks.
· To maintain the cargo temperature at 160°C in cargo tanks, new thermal oil heaters each with 6000 kW capacity were located inside new deck house, built over the poop deck.
· All cargo pipes and main thermal oil lines were insulated. In order to eliminate the extra thermal stress, cargo and ballast tanks were reinforced by stiffeners, frames and carlings.
· New cofferdams were created in slop tanks.
· New cargo pumps, new tank monitoring and alarm system including overfill alarm system, suitable for asphalt were installed.
· Additional hydraulic pipeline for remote control of cargo valves were fitted.
· In order to cover additional electric power consumption, new diesel generator sets were fitted after removal of existing diesel generators.
· All side and double bottom ballast tanks, void spaces, forepeak and pump room bulkheads and main deck were fully grit blasted to SA2½ and coated with zinc silicate paint. Total about 50.000 m² area has been coated.